Post by mtn_roadie »

Windows XP
AllSync 2.7.46

I've used the shortcut manager to create a shortcut to:
1. Run my backup profile
2. Shutdown windows

Generated shortcut:
"C:\Program Files\AllSync\AllSync.exe" -x -s "backups-v3\daily"

This works fine as long as my computer does not go into the screen saver mode which is set to come on after 25 minutes of inactivity. If the backup process takes more than 25 minutes, then the backup *will* complete. But, the computer will not shut down.

I assume this is because my computer is locked down and requires you to re-enter the password to log back into Windows.

Is there anyway around this so that AllSync will shutdown my computer even if the computer goes into the screen saver mode which locks down the computer?

Thanks!
Kindler Chase
www.nCubed.com
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Run backup and then shutdown computer

Post by Administrator »

Please use the vb-scripts "ScreensaverOff.vbs" and "ScreensaverOn.vbs" that are provided with AllSync. (profile properties \ external \ VB-Scripts)
mtn_roadie

Post by mtn_roadie »

Administrator wrote:Please use the vb-scripts "ScreensaverOff.vbs" and "ScreensaverOn.vbs" that are provided with AllSync. (profile properties \ external \ VB-Scripts)
Thanks! That did the trick :D

Kindler Chase
www.nCubed.com
mtn_roadie

Post by mtn_roadie »

Looks like another problem has popped up with this profile. Using everything as previously described, but added a profile chain, i.e.,

\backups-v3\Daily
\backups-v3\Daily - Software

When I run copy preview, the profile and profile chain runs properly. However, when I run the shortcut (same shortcut as in 1st post), AllSync will run the 1st profile, but does not run the profile chain.

I have checked the option for start chained profile for which operation for:
1. copy operation
2. copy preview

Any ideas why the chained profile is not being run when I use the shortuct method?

Kindler Chase
www.nCubed.com
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Please activate the option "Command Line" at the profile properties "Profile Chaining".
mtn_roadie

Post by mtn_roadie »

Administrator wrote:Please activate the option "Command Line" at the profile properties "Profile Chaining".
That works!

Again, thanks!

::kindler chase::
www.nCubed.com