Minor Bug Report

English support for the software AllSync
Drdul

Minor Bug Report

Post by Drdul »

I just discovered a minor bug in the "Other Filters" section. Using "months" for a file filter doesn't work — AllSync will not copy any files. It's a small problem that can be avoided by using "weeks" instead. If I change 1 month to 4 weeks, or change 2 months to 9 weeks, for example, everything works as it should.

Cheers!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Minor Bug Report

Post by Administrator »

I have verified the age filter for files but i cannot reproduce your problem. The filter works fine with AllSync 2.7.19. Can you provide more information about your problem with the age filter?
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

The version I'm using is 2.7.17, so that may make a difference.

I discovered the problem when I added a file filter to a profile to only copy files that are less than 2 weeks old. I did a copy preview and it showed me the files that would be copied. Before running it, I decided to change the filter to one month. When I did the copy preview with the filter set at one month, nothing happened. It did not show any files would be copied. I didn't realize at the time that the problem was choosing "months" instead of "weeks." Later, I changed the file filter to 4 weeks and it worked fine.

Before I figured that out, I changed another profile from 4 weeks to 2 months. When I ran a copy preview, it showed no files would be copied, and all the previously copied files would be erased! Not at all what I wanted. I changed it from 2 months to 9 weeks, and it worked fine.

It appears that when "months" is selected as a file filter, AllSync does not correctly calculate the difference between file dates and the current date. Using "weeks" avoids the problem.

Cheers!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

ok, thx, i found the problem: Internally windows "says" there is a different of 1 month if one file is from 12/2005 and the other file from 01/2006. The day of the month doesnt matter, its always a difference of 1 month, because the internal function verifies only the value of the two months.

This also concerns to week, quarters and years. The next update will use a preconfigured amount of days for the age filters "week, month, quarters and years":

week (7 days)
month (30 days)
quarter (90 days)
year (365 days)

Should i send you an update with the changes above?
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

Thanks for looking into that. No need to send me an update, as I have it working with "weeks." I'll get the fix as part of the regular update cycle.

Cheers!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC