One gold/yellow line in the middle of all black.....

English support for the software AllDup
Shay Moose

One gold/yellow line in the middle of all black.....

Post by Shay Moose »

After running AllDup on a massive amount of photos (>138K), as expected, I received a massive amount of duplicates. My query is.... what is the significance of the one yellow/gold line? Is AllDup determining that this photo is the original or best quality? I have attached a screen shot for reference.

I tried searching everywhere but could not find the answer. I am a total newb so please forgive me.
alldup.jpeg
therube

Re: One gold/yellow line in the middle of all black.....

Post by therube »

He calls that the "reference file".
And for similar picture / similar audio searches, that is the file that is "designated" as 100%, & as such, upon which other files are percentage (%) matched against.

That said, I don't know that there is a particular meaning to which file is marked as the reference file?

For me, I always Let My Eyes Do the Walking ;-) (rather then just "assuming" any particular selected file might be the one I want to keep).
Shay Moose

Re: One gold/yellow line in the middle of all black.....

Post by Shay Moose »

therube wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 23:15 He calls that the "reference file".
And for similar picture / similar audio searches, that is the file that is "designated" as 100%, & as such, upon which other files are percentage (%) matched against.

That said, I don't know that there is a particular meaning to which file is marked as the reference file?

For me, I always Let My Eyes Do the Walking ;-) (rather then just "assuming" any particular selected file might be the one I want to keep).
Thanks! Makes sense (sort of).