Problems with Selecting Groups

English support for the software AllDup
davidsrothman

Problems with Selecting Groups

Post by davidsrothman »

I'm working with about 1TB of files (all images and vids) and 40k groups and AllDup and/or my 10 yr old Core i7 16gb ram machine seems to be struggling (stalling or crashing) with selecting groups of 2 files only. Trying to figure out where the issue is...

Groups ranging from 30 files down to 2. About 50% of the groups contain 2 files. Removing groups with a certain # of files isn't the answer if you have to input one @ at a time (remove 30. process. remove 29. process. etc).

Highlighting 30 thru 3 fails every time as it seems the program isnt able to select that amount of volume.

I've turned off file preview...i am storing checksums. Are there any other options or methods i can try to make this work or is this too large a set of files to handle w/o splitting it up somewhat? thanks
therube

Re: Problems with Selecting Groups

Post by therube »

I (& others) have posted "slow" (due to various reasons, circumstances).
Review & see if there might be some commonality with your situation, Search: slow.
davidsrothman

Re: Problems with Selecting Groups

Post by davidsrothman »

I have a related question...

I'm trying to whittle down a universe of files as i proceed thru various Selections by path.

So i'll search for all files from Path_A and then from only those groups, search for Path_B files, and from only those groups search for Path_C files, etc

To do that, at each level i need to remove groups with no files selected.

IOW, Search for Path_A files, remove groups that come up empty.
IOW, Search for Path_B files, remove groups that come up empty.
etc

I don't see a way to do that.

My ultimate goal is when done with the sequential searches, i want to delete the files in Path_A from whatever groups passed the various filters. Put another way, i need to Delete Path_A files if they're in a group with any combination of Path_B, Path_C, & Path_D files.

I can't imagine this isn't possible, but i'm just not seeing it. thanks