Unable to detect rotations (photo modifications)

English support for the software AllDup
d0202486

Unable to detect rotations (photo modifications)

Post by d0202486 »

Hello, I am a bit of a novice user, but I would like to find duplicate images with the same name and a rotation/mirror applied to image. I have several hundred images that are not being caught because the dimension is inverted (row x width vs width x row) and it's hard to untangle as the similarity is lower than a completely unrelated image of the same orientation. My search is a b-hash on files with same name (ideally I would use same width & height but I can't since they are rotations of each other). Comparison size is 256x256 and checksum str of 256 bits.

Essentially, my problems would be solved if I could search by same name and same (col x row or row x col). You can see an example of this issue below. What is the best way for me to proceed? I have picture modifications setting enabled, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the search results. Is picture modifications setting supposed to indicate that these are rotations of each other?

Thanks for your help, I've been wrestling with this all day.

(picture as an example)
dup2-min.PNG
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Unable to detect rotations (photo modifications)

Post by Administrator »

Try this:

Settings:
search settings.png
Result:
search result.jpg
Files at the windows explorer:
windows explorer.png
d0202486

Re: Unable to detect rotations (photo modifications)

Post by d0202486 »

Great catch! For some reason, enabling all of the image types on the left hand side and switching to aHash enabled it to detect rotations with 100% match. Thank you so much!