corrupted and unreadable

English support for the software AllSync
vp

corrupted and unreadable

Post by vp »

I have a big problem:

I am getting the following error very often: "ERROR: CopyFile1: CreateFile: #1392 - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". AllSync is the only process I have accessing that drive, so it must be the cause. Also, it didn't happen before I installed AllSync. When it happens, I can't access the folders in Explorer either (I get the same error).

When this happens, I have to run scandisk on the target drive (local NTFS) and that fixes the problem. Something AllSync is doing in its copy procedure (method C) is causing this error.

Please help!!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: corrupted and unreadable

Post by Administrator »

Sounds like your hard disk have many bad sectors. Please check your hard disk with a tool for the bad sectors. Check this link: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardwar ... 31222.html
Its recommend that you dont use this hard disk anymore to prevent data loss.
vp

Post by vp »

OK...

Finally had the opportunity to do some work on this. I have replaced the hard drive and the IDE cable, but I still get this error. I am convinced this has something to do with the copy process, as it always happens in the middle of a task, and chkdsk/scandisk always fixes the problem. I understand that you are using Windows API routines, but I'm sure there's a bug in there somewhere because this shouldn't happen. I am using copy method C with packet size of 300000. Any ideas?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

What happend when you use copy method A or B? Any errors too?
vp

Post by vp »

I'm now testing with copy method C and a packet size of 10000. If I encounter the error again, I'll change to A or B. I'll keep you posted (pun intended).
vp

Post by vp »

With copy method B, it still happens - however it seems to be much less. I'm beginning to think there is some problem with conflicts (another progrm may be accessing the same areas), and not so much within the routines themselves. I'm now testing method A.