AllDup Portable 4.0.32 does not work on XP SP3

English support for the software AllDup
Marek

AllDup Portable 4.0.32 does not work on XP SP3

Post by Marek »

Hi, I’ve been a happy user of AllDup Portable 3.4.24 portable version and have just downloaded AllDup Portable 4.0.32 from your site. Afer I installed that application in a folder of my choice the programme started correctly, but it occurred that almost nothing works in it, except for the selection of discs on the opening page. Clicking buttons and mouse right-button clicks do not invoke any action of the programme. First, I wanted to enter text to provide parth for searching duplicates. The right-click on the list of default discs and folders showed such option greyed and unclickable. In order to test the software I selected a disc for search and clicked a proper button. The programme did noting. :(
I use XP SP3 and AllDup Portable 3.4.24 works on it perfecly. So what’s wrong with the lates version?

Regards

Marek
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: AllDup Portable 4.0.32 does not work on XP SP3

Post by Administrator »

There is nothing wrong with the latest version of AllDup.
It runs well without any problems under WinXP SP3.
See attached screenshot.
Attachments
AllDup v4.0.32 with WinXP SP3
AllDup v4.0.32 with WinXP SP3
AllDup_WinXP.png (299.24 KiB) Viewed 9203 times
Marek

Post by Marek »

Thank you for your reply and time it took you to prepare it.
Sorry. my post may have sounded unclear. I did not intend to question that AllDup Portable 4.0.32 does not work on XP SP3 AT ALL, but wondered (and hoped to get advice) what may be wrong with it in my system and where I should search my system to find a solution.
Regads
Marek
therube

Post by therube »

As a test, try the "Portable" version (lower part of this page, http://www.allsync.biz/en_download_alldup.php).

Unzip it (completely) into a temporary directory (not into your existing AllDup directory), & run AllDupPortable.exe.

Does that work as expected?
Marek

Post by Marek »

Dear Therube, thanks for redirecting me to that installation. The programme opens and initially works fine. Now, I’m testing the programme with rather a large job and will get back to you as soon as the job is over. Thanks again!
Cheers,
Marek
Marek

Post by Marek »

Here is Marek again, as promised. The version offered by you, Therube, seems to work fine – to some extend :) All buttons, check-fields respond corectly, various forms of the presentation of scan results, file move/delete functions, language settings etc. work OK. At that point any user asks and tests programme to check how confident he/she may be as regards the output of internal functions. I tested and hope that byte-by-byte file content search with all other settings left to default and compare method set to "compare only files between different source folders" does its job correctly. However, an attempt to compare images at 95% similarity level returned really astonishing results. When I opened and set the programme to show images collected in a group, I found three images as different as they can be. The only one thing they had in common was that each of them presented a landscape! I took screenshots showing that group images and programme settings that produced such results. If you were interested, I may, of course, post the screenshots here, but did not do so because as a novice on this forum I am not sure if that would be proper.

Anyway, I do, I mean, I really do your effort to help me and I assure you, you did, while other matters rest with the programme as such.
Cheers,
Marek