Feature request

English support for the software AllDup
Optimist

Feature request

Post by Optimist »

Is it possible to add an item to the right click context menu on the results page so that a given folder can be immediately removed from results? At present one can do this by selecting the files and then going to 'remove from results' in the menu bar, but sometimes one finds something that one meant to exclude after having already selected a lot of stuff for deletion.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Feature request

Post by Administrator »

Just use "Remove marked group(s)" with the group context menu at the search result.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Is this quite the same though? Doesn't that only remove a single group?

Say for example one has a folder with original images in, and another folder with copies one has taken for some reason, say editing. There are a lot of images in each folder, so a lot of results in AllDup. The AllDup results are cluttered with these duplicates. I would like to be able to remove all groups containing files of that path from the results by right clicking and selecting that option in the context menu.

At present the only way I can see to do this is if one knows the folders have been included, so one can find the first relevant group, right click it and select all files of that path, then go to the menu bar and click the "remove selected files from results" button. If one forgets and includes those folder by accident, one is maybe half way through selecting redundant duplicates, so would have to restart to do it that way.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Optimist wrote:I would like to be able to remove all groups containing files of that path from the results by right clicking and selecting that option in the context menu.
ok, got it. I will add your request to our ToDo-List: "Remove all groups containing files from a given path"
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Thanks. It's a feature I used to use in another, now obsolete program, and I found it very useful (so assume others would as well).