Extra progress information when scanning a folder

English support for the software GetFoldersize
markb

Extra progress information when scanning a folder

Post by markb »

Hello,

I have been using getfoldersize for a while - very useful for scanning large folder structures and doesn't crash like lots of other tools I tried.....

I wondered if a feature might be added to a future release ?

When scanning a subdirectory the details of the folder do not appear in the folder list until the full folder tree below the subfolder has been scanned.

Could a progress message of some kind be given in the status bar alongside current folder being scanned - showing number of files and total size so far for the whole folder tree

This would give an indication of what has been processed so far in addition to the name of the folder currently being scanned - handy if the subfolder tree contains lots of files for example and may take a long time to scan completely.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Extra progress information when scanning a folder

Post by Administrator »

Thanks for your feedback!

With the next update there will be a progress info shown up at the folder list while scanning the source folder:

markb

Post by markb »

Great news

Will keep an eye out for the next version :D

Thanks for speedy response
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Do you want to test a new version with this feature and a lot of other new features too? ...just drop me an email...
NEW: Now you can build a list with the distribution of the scanned file size by ower.
NEW: Now you can build a list with the distribution of the scanned file size by file extensions.
NEW: Toolbar: Moved the source folder combo box and the associated buttons from the main toolbar to the folder toolbar.
NEW: Toolbar 'Folders': Added the sub option 'Build list with owner' at the button 'Start'.
NEW: Toolbar 'Folders': Added the sub option 'Build list with file extension' at the button 'Start'.
NEW: Toolbar 'Folders': Added the button 'Remove Source Folder'.
NEW: Lists: Added a new toolbar to quickly switch between all available lists.
NEW: A progress info shown up at the folder list while scanning the source folder.
FIX: Various optimizations have been introduced in various sections of GetFoldersize. Various bugs have been fixed.