Why Does AllSync Think Fils Have Changed?

English support for the software AllSync
Drdul

Why Does AllSync Think Fils Have Changed?

Post by Drdul »

I've run across a strange sync problem. Occasionally, AllSync thinks that files have changed, even though they haven't been edited in any way. I have set "Sync Conflicts" to create ".COPY" files, and every so often AllSync decides to create ."COPY" files of files that have not been edited.

Could it be because the last access date of the files has changed? If so, is there a way to have AllSync ignore the last access date?

If not, what else could it be? What does AllSync look at to determine if a file has changed?

Thanks!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Why Does AllSync Think Fils Have Changed?

Post by Administrator »

AllSync uses the last access date of the source and destination files and compare them with the date's from the last sync operation. Do you have this problem after "Switchover between Daylight Savings and Standard Time"?
Maybe you can fix the problem if you delete the list of the last sync operation. The name of the file is <profile name>.dd
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

The problem occurred at least once prior to the daylight savings time switch, and occurred again at the daylight savings time switch.

Would it be possible to add an option to have AllSync use the last modified date rather than the last access date? I only want to sync files if the contents have been changed, which is indicated by a different last modified date. If the access date has changed bu the modified date has not changed, then I don't want to sync the files.

Thanks!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

sorry, my mistake, at my last posting i meant the "last modified date" and not the "last access date". AllSync uses only the "last modified date" for comparing files.
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

Thanks for clarifying that! I will watch to see if it happens again, and if so, I will compare the times on the files to try to figure out what might be causing the problem.
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC