Corrupted Network Drive

English support for the software AllDup
c720297

Corrupted Network Drive

Post by c720297 »

Greetings! I downloaded the 'AllDup' software and was attempting to find duplicates on a mapped network drive on my home LAN. It was taking a long time (byte for byte), so I allowed it to continue running overnight.

When I looked at my computer the following day, 'AllDup' was in a 'Not Responding' state, so I used 'Task Manager' to close it down.

Now, when I attempt to access the 'Public' folder on my network drive (where I was attempting to find duplicates), I receive the message 'Windows cannot access \\NETWORKDRIVE\Public'.

To be absolutely clear, I CAN access the drive, I just cannot access the folder.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this??
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted Network Drive

Post by Administrator »

Restart your computer to reset the network problems. Does this help?
c720297

Post by c720297 »

I tried restarting the computer and restarting the network drive, neither worked. I'm a bit angry, as I have potentially lost many important files.
therube

Post by therube »

Windows cannot access \\NETWORKDRIVE\Public
Is this "drive" a standalone NAS type device, or simply a shared folder on another computer?

Are you able to access that folder from the local computer?

Have you run a CHKDSK on the drive?

What settings were you using in AllDup?
(I don't see how AllDup could cause any problems, in particular during the scan stage?)

Have you checked the permissions on the share, including advanced sharing options?
Have you checked Windows Firewall settings?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

c720297 wrote:I tried restarting the computer and restarting the network drive, neither worked. I'm a bit angry, as I have potentially lost many important files.
How you can lost files if AllDup only read files? AllDup doesnt change any file, folder, drive oder network settings/permissions while running the file scan. AllDup only read information about files and analyze them.

It looks like your windows system and/or network system run into problems after the large file scan. Normally a windows restart should fix this problem and reset everything.

Try to delete and renew your network share. This should fix the access problems to your network folder.