More Feature requests

English support for the software AllDup
SteveR

More Feature requests

Post by SteveR »

First, thanks to the author(s) for writing and making AllDup available as freeware.

I'd like to make it my main anti-duplicate program, but I can't find a few features that I would find necessary. If they're already there, I'd appreciate it if someone can point out how to find them. If not, please consider adding them soon.

1). A selection that says mark all files within a user-selectable folder (rather than marking the _duplicates_ of those files, or only a source folder, both of which are there currently).

2) A selector that says mark all files matching a text pattern with wildcards (and even better, able to specify whether to match the path or the file name).

3) In the file listing, a choice that puts the clicked-on file path in the user-supplied selector folder (the existing one only puts it in the filter).

4) Please consider revising the selectors to add a checkbox or setting to allow each new selection to add to or replace currently-checked items --or to act as a deselector (right now, 3 offer delesectors, but not the rest).

5)) I see others have suggested being able to limit the selectors to highlighted files, and the reply was this wasn't possible. I hope it might be at some point. And to go with that, the ability to sort the list by each of the provided columns.

TIA for any consideration you can give to these suggestions.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: More Feature requests

Post by Administrator »

1) Use the menu action "Select" -> "Select all files inside the following source folder:" -> "{Source Folder}" -> "..."

2) Use the menu action "Select" -> "Select files by file name"

3) Use the context menu action "Select all files inside the folder structure of this file"

4) Added to the ToDo-List

5) Can you send me the link of the post to limit the selectors to highlighted files? You only can sort the files inside a group.
ASign

Post by ASign »

I'm 3y laaate (2012-11-08 -> 2015-08-11: WOW... months & dates surprisingly inverted!), but I also desire this feature:

by SteveR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 14:26:
SteveR wrote: 5)) I see others have suggested being able to limit the selectors to highlighted files, and the reply was this wasn't possible. I hope it might be at some point. And to go with that, the ability to sort the list by each of the provided columns.
Maybe hard to do, but I guess this ..
  • - "recursive selection" of files on 'Search Result' by AllDup
.. , where 'recursive' ~ highlightings &/or selections ~ search_n(search_n-1(..(search_2(search_1)))) with n = {integer}, would be geniously useful and desired, & is similar to ..
  • - "recursive localization" of files on 'Search Result' by powerful file finders (not of Windows)
.. , I guess based on ..
  • - "recursive selection" of strings by powerful regex searches
by Administrator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10:
Administrator wrote: 5) Can you send me the link of the post to limit the selectors to highlighted files? You only can sort the files inside a group.
Administrator, here:
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

We are working hard for the release of AllDup version 4 and there is one new feature that will match your suggestion:

"Selecting Mode"

This option enables the user to choose what groups will be affected with a select/unselect-action.

Currently you can select this sub-option:

- all groups
- only collapsed groups
- only expanded groups

we can add more sub-options if needed:

- only unchecked groups
- only checked groups
- only partial checked groups
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

The latest beta of AllDup supports now the following options to change what groups will be affected by a select/unselect action:
  • "All groups"
    "Expanded groups"
    "Collapsed groups"
    "Groups without selected files"
    "Groups with all files selected"
    "Groups with some selected files"
    "Marked groups"
    "Non-marked groups"