Size-only option for "if content or size is different&q

English support for the software AllSync
Drdul

Size-only option for "if content or size is different&q

Post by Drdul »

I have found that profiles take much longer to run if I select the "overwrite file if the content or the size of the files is different" feature in beta version 2.2.46. In one case, a profile that previously ran in about 15 seconds would take 20 minutes to run.

I suspect that the extra time is due to comparing the content, rather than comparing the file size. Would it be possible to add an extra "size only" option:

() Overwrite file if content or size is different
() Overwrite file if size is different

That way I could choose the second option, which hopefully would mean that the profile would still run in 15 seconds or so.

Thanks!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Size-only option for "if content or size is differe

Post by Administrator »

if the size is different AllSync don't check the content of the files...it does not make sense to check the content of two files with a different size.
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

Yes, of course. I did not explain myself very well. What I was wondering is could you add an option that only checks the size and does not check the content at all? In other words, if the size (and time) is the same, AllSync would assume that the file is the same. Right now, what happens is that if the size is the same, then AllSync checks the content. I would like to speed things up by having AllSync only check the size.

Thanks! :P
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

New feature is on the way...thanks for feedback!
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

Great — thanks!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC