Is there an easy way to remove all search folders?

English support for the software AllDup
FrizzleFry

Is there an easy way to remove all search folders?

Post by FrizzleFry »

I tend to build up many search folders because I run AllDup via command line from my file manger... it would be nice to have a way to remove many or all folders with one click on the remove button rather than have to select and remove each one individually... just normal multiple selection would take care of this.

I seems to me that when run from the command line AllDup should not load the search folders from the config file (currently the folders are loaded but not checked) and should not add the folders passed to it to the config file (that should probably be optional).

I would like to have more command line options especially the ability to choose different profiles from the command line... also enabling/disabling the options at the bottom of the source folders pane (although loading other profiles would essentially take care of that).

I am using AllDup Portable on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Is there an easy way to remove all search folders?

Post by Administrator »

Rightclick on a folder and select "Remove all folders" at the context menu.
I would like to have more command line options especially the ability to choose different profiles from the command line...
Added to our ToDo-List.
I seems to me that when run from the command line AllDup should not load the search folders from the config file...
Maybe this problem is solved if we add the ability to choose different profiles from the command line?
FrizzleFry

Post by FrizzleFry »

Administrator wrote:Rightclick on a folder and select "Remove all folders" at the context menu.
I do not see this option on the portable version... but it is available in the installed version.

Thanks.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

You will need the version 3.2.22 of AllDup to use "Remove all folders" at the context menu.
FrizzleFry

Post by FrizzleFry »

How about that... I was running an older version... 3.2...

Thanks.