Renaming of files

English support for the software GetFoldersize
sombrenote

Renaming of files

Post by sombrenote »

Thank you so much for the program you developed. Windows 7 is broken without a way to see total file sizes.

I had one question about your software.

How do you, or can you, rename files from the normal view?

I would like to rename folders, and files within folders, but it seems that there are many options like "delete" or "copy", but no renaming option. I am trying to use the right click dropdown. If there was another button that would be fine, but I can not seem to rename anything.

Is this what was intended?

If you could help me with this I would appreciate it.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Renaming of files

Post by Administrator »

Some menu options are not available if you use the original windows explorer context menu with a other application. Sorry, the renaming option is not available. I will note this at our ToDo-List and we will add this option with upcoming releases.
sombrenote

Post by sombrenote »

Thank you for the response.

Yeah, it is a good to-do-list item.

It really miffs me at the incompetence of Microsoft not to allow an option to organize folders with folder size. Your software, after doing some long searching, seems to be the only practical software that does this. The only thing it lacks is the ability to rename as well.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

I think the rename feature will be included with the next update.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Please update/correct your email address. We can't send you any update news.
Chris_cpb

Re: Renaming of files

Post by Chris_cpb »

Good request from sombrenote.
First I want to congratulate phpbb for doing what all the phddd's and big S/W money wheelers fail to deliver, both AllDup and Getfoldersize are master pieces of perceiving simple user needs and delivering first class products which allow the user to extract exactly what they need. Feel free to use my comments on your promotional material or feedback testimonials.
My number one testimonial is in favour of the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, but that is another topic!

Recommended in a similar vein is Aaron Stewart's Batch File Renamer. These excellent software have saved me so much time, that I am awaiting getting out of debt to give these providers more of what they deserve, good support.
Perhaps phpbb can work with Aaron Stewart to develop an all in one package.

Have a good day, Chris from sunny Sydney. :D