Access denied #5

English support for the software AllDup
Frank30

Access denied #5

Post by Frank30 »

Hello:
I'm trying to delete 13,586 groups of duplicated files in an usb hard disk but the program notifies me for almost every file (67,678) an error : The file example.example coludn´t be deleted: #5 - Acceso denegado (denied access). example.example SET #5 - Acceso denegado .
Cancel process?.

So I can´t use the program. Any help?
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Access denied #5

Post by Administrator »

Sounds like the user of AllDup don't have enough access rights to delete the files on the usb hard disk. Please start AllDup with a admin account and try again.
Frank30

Post by Frank30 »

Well, my account has administration rights but in any case I have solved it in the folllowing way: Opening properties of the hard disk. Security tab (I'm traslating spanish Vista Home E. names).In the list of names I choose "users(myaccount\users)" and in the administrator rights box I tic (or click) on "full control" and then the pc starts file by file on all the disk changing that property and then I can delete what I want and all AllDup can. Do you understand why I need to do this?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Frank30 wrote:Do you understand why I need to do this?
Sorry, i don't know. Normally the user that create all these files on the usb hard disk should have full access rights.