SetFA: #5 - Access is denied.

English support for the software AllSync
socolisa

SetFA: #5 - Access is denied.

Post by socolisa »

I am unable to delete the duplicate files I have selected. I receive the following message:

"ERROR: The file '\\VAIO-LISAGIRL\Pictures\To File_Photos\Downloads\0221214820.jpg' couldn't be deleted: #5 - Access is denied. (\\VAIO-LISAGIRL\Pictures\To File_Photos\Downloads\0221214820.jpg) SetFA: #5 - Access is denied."

I get this same message regardless of the files I select for deletion. I get this message if I try to move the files to the Recycle Bin or move them to a folder. I am running the program as an administrator and I also followed the advice I found on a really old post....changing permissions for user. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program, restarting computer, disabling Anti-Virus/Firewall software. I have searched the Help files and this forum as well with no luck. I am running Windows 8.1.

I love the interface/functionality of this program. It is straightforward, very customizable and user friendly and I am so frustrated that I can't eliminate my duplicate files. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: SetFA: #5 - Access is denied.

Post by Administrator »

The error message "#5 - Access is denied" is the feedback from Windows. It means that the user of AllDup doesnt have enough rights to delete the file "\\VAIO-LISAGIRL\Pictures\To File_Photos\Downloads\0221214820.jpg". There is nothing AllDup can do if the user doesnt have enough rights to delete these files.
socolisa

Post by socolisa »

I understand what the error means. I do not understand why I am getting the error. I have expert knowledge of computers and I understand the nuts and bolts of the Windows OS. I am the only user of the laptop and I configured all the settings and as the owner of the files, I have the necessary "rights" to delete them, so I cannot reconcile why I am getting the error message.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Open the folder path "\\VAIO-LISAGIRL\Pictures\To File_Photos\Downloads\" with the windows explorer at the same computer you use AllDup.
Can you delete the file "0221214820.jpg" manually without any error message?
socolisa

Post by socolisa »

Yes. Like I said....I know computers...hardware, software, operating systems, networking. There is something outside of the norm causing this error.