Bug Report: deleting duplicate from Zip files not working and generates an error dialog.

English support for the software AllDup
westlyn

Bug Report: deleting duplicate from Zip files not working and generates an error dialog.

Post by westlyn »

AllDup v 4.4.8 running on Windows 10 64bit

Go through the process of locating duplicates including some found inside zip files.

Select and mark files for deletion in duplicate result form then click on the file manager delete button in the menu bar.

Click on OK to accept deletion settings and up comes the deletion progress form as normal

BUT for every file to be deleted from a zip file the attached error dialog pops up.

Clicking on Ok moves on to the next file to be deleted. The error is not flagged in the log and the file group is removed from the results list as if the file was deleted successfully. In practice the file is not deleted from the the zip archive.

Looking at the error which seems to document a commandline call to 7z.exe I'd guess there is a problem with the number of inverted commas ie " or ASCII 34. If alldup in in "program files" then surely the whole path to 7z.exe (and possibly the command switch) needs to be enclosed in quotes? to avoid windows splitting the command line at "c:\program"

I may be wrong but 4.4.6 didn't pop up the error dialog but still didn't delete the file in the zip archive. Last version of alldup I've tried that CAN delete from an archive is 4.3.1.

Hope this helps?
Attachments
error when deleting file from zip file
error when deleting file from zip file
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Bug Report: deleting duplicate from Zip files not working and generates an error dialog.

Post by Administrator »

We could reproduce and fix the problem.
The next update will solve this issue.
Thank you very much for your report!