Windows Start Button Stopped Working After Installing The Sync Tool

English support for the software AllDup
Donald G. Romero

Windows Start Button Stopped Working After Installing The Sync Tool

Post by Donald G. Romero »

Hi Friends,

My windows Start button stopped working after installing the Sync tools. Has anyone faced similar issues? How do I get it resolved?
Donald G. Romero

Re: Windows Start Button Stopped Working After Installing The Sync Tool

Post by Donald G. Romero »

Any idea if these steps https://silicophilic.com/windows-start- ... t-working/ would be able to fix the issue?
therube

Re: Windows Start Button Stopped Working After Installing The Sync Tool

Post by therube »

(You're in the wrong forum, but I guess this thread will be moved...)

I know about nothing of 10.
I know nothing of this "silicophilic".
I know nothing of Sync Tool.

All I can say about his article is wow!
It includes some potentially dangerous stuff - if you get it wrong, like, RD /S /Q, from an Admin prompt no less.

I'll suppose you've rebooted your computer.

First thing I would do, is restart your computer into Safe Mode & see if Start works.

If you think the issue is caused by Sync Tool, uninstall it & see if there is any change.

What version of 10?
What antivirus are you using?

I would generally dislike any "microsoft forum" (thinking there would be all kinds of "irrelevant" fixes or not clear fix mentioned), but in this case, I'd peruse something like Windows 10 start button not working & see if anything mentioned there stands out to you (like particular softwares mentioned that you may be running).

(Another one of this "fixit" articles, also totally unknown to me, went so far as to have you download the Win10 ISO & reinstall Windows from that, lol.)