Ranked Selection / RegEx option?

English support for the software AllDup
dglp

Ranked Selection / RegEx option?

Post by dglp »

Hi,
I've been trying AllDup to deal with an assortment of files across eight network drives. I am searching on file name and content on a selection of three drives at a time. Let's call the drives A, B and C. I want drive C to be the destination. It already has many files. So I search for duplicates on A and B. It turns out that AllDup finds some files that are common to A & B but not C, along with the other duplicates.

So I would like to limit the search to files that are only duplicates of files already on C. How do I do that? Is there a RegEx function? Must I do one search on A & C then another search on B & C?

It would be really useful to search all of my drives in one operation, then select one copy based on a hierarchy of conditions, and have that copy moved to a particular destination.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Ranked Selection / RegEx option?

Post by Administrator »

dglp wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 18:57Must I do one search on A & C then another search on B & C?
yes
dglp

Post by dglp »

Thanks for a the fast reply.

In that case, does AllDup have an option to import a list of files to work on?
Once I have done comparisons between drive pairs, I could export those results to text files, and do some regex work on them. IF I could import the resulting list, it would simplify the process of moving or deleting files.

So does AllDup have the ability to import file lists?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

dglp wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 01:28 So does AllDup have the ability to import file lists?
sorry, thats not possible.