Invalid: Portable: Save search results, Saves in AppData

English support for the software AllDup
therube

Invalid: Portable: Save search results, Saves in AppData

Post by therube »

4.0.40 Portable: Save search results, Saves (name.asr4a) in %AppData%\AllDup rather then (current folder or elsewhere).

Presumably AllDup won't find Stored Search Results unless they are in %AppData%\AllDup (as in AllDup Portable won't see the .asr4a files if you move them into AllDup's "instalDir" [aka alldup.exe's directory]).

Edit:

I wonder if this isn't because I'm running 4.0."41", which mustn't be "portable".
I'll betcha...

Yes, that's it.

A combination of 4.0.40 Portable & 4.0.41 non-Portable [test] .exe yield... a little confusion until you realize ;-).
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Invalid: Portable: Save search results, Saves in AppData

Post by Administrator »

The portable edition only saves data files inside the folder of the file "AllDupPortable.exe".
Maybe you should move your AllDup PE folder to "%AppData%"...
therube

Post by therube »

Edit:

I wonder if this isn't because I'm running 4.0."41", which mustn't be "portable".
I'll betcha...

Yes, that's it.
Now that can't be can it?
41 is the portable version (or so it says).
I've got to think this through, again (& again) [hopefully this evening, if I get time..].
(I'll update when I know more...)
therube

Post by therube »

The only thing I can figure, is that I must have changed the filename of the .exe, to something like, AllDupPortable4041.exe (to help me differentiate as I was testing), not realizing at the time that by changing the file name I was actually changing it from PE to not-PE, & likewise changing where it would store & look for its program settings; AllDupPortable.exe directory or %AppData%\AllDup.