bug and feature request

English support for the software AllDup
tijlcnoe

bug and feature request

Post by tijlcnoe »

First off this is the fastest and best duplicate file finder I've found after downloading 7+ ones and playing around,
I'd say at least twice as fast for same comparison (sometimes 300 times faster...) and better laid out search results

ALLDUP 4.0.10
Bug
When selecting exclude files larger than 10mb & smaller than 1mb I still get files listed smaller than 1mb.

Crashes after selecting multiple files after searching multiple hard disks (2tb ntfs & 1tb ntfs + fat32 partition)
--> autosave search results & restore on crash ?

Feature requests
Have the option to list folders with 90%+ identical files listed at the top.
(eg: I have some folders that have an extra thumbs.db or MACOSX hidden file but besides that are identical)

Have the option to list folder that has 100% identical files with other folder that has more files in total listed at the top
(eg: one folder has 100files, other folder has 150files - highlight the 150 folder that has all the files from the other folder green/color/number of files next to it)

Make a suggestion of which folder contains the most "unique" files
(3 folders contain a copy of the file, but one folder has 70 unique files, other has 10 unique files & last one has 0 unique files)
-> ask to delete empty folders after clearing all files from them

Regards,
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: bug and feature request

Post by Administrator »

When selecting exclude files larger than 10mb & smaller than 1mb I still get files listed smaller than 1mb.
will be fixed with the next update.
Crashes after selecting multiple files after searching multiple hard disks
How to reproduce this?
Feature requests
folder comparison will not be available with AllDup.
tijlcnoe

Post by tijlcnoe »

will be fixed with the next update.
Epic.
How to reproduce this?
Well can't really send you image files off HDD partitions that are 2TB (NTFS) & 2x1TB (NTFS & FAT32) as my current upload speed is about 0.4mbps. Any other suggestions welcome?
Fair enough. Any suggestions of a program that would allow me to use the search result file, and transform that in a folder compare ? Highly doubt it but asking any way.

Thanks for an epic piece of software, looking forward to next version.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

a new update is already released.
Crashes after selecting multiple files
What did u exactly do after the search progress was finished?
Anselm

Post by Anselm »

tijlcnoe wrote:
Any suggestions of a program that would allow me to use the search result file, and transform that in a folder compare?
Total Commander or Free Commande XE are able to synchronize folder structures.
If you really would like to use it only to the result search, you can use AllDup to move (or copy) the search results of source folder (instead of delete) and check "Keep Folder structures of files" and then from the other source folder. Afterward you can use Total Commander or Free Commander XE to synchronize the folders. And than you can move two main folders the remaning files back to their original position. But i never did this before. BTW: if you have a similar structure of the folders and you would like to make a compare, you can use Total Commander or Free Commande XE directly. You do not need alldup. AllDup has its strength (for binary compare), if the folder structure is not similar and/or the names are not identical.