Unexpected Behavior: Remove - Remove all files inside...

English support for the software AllDup
therube

Unexpected Behavior: Remove - Remove all files inside...

Post by therube »

Unexpected Behavior.

Search Results:
-> Remove: Remove all files inside the follow folder structure

I'm thinking there is an Unexpected Behavior behavior in there.

When you open the dialog, if you happen to (mistakenly) click the base directory shown (top-most as it is), rather then the "...", then ALL results are removed, which is probably what you were not looking to do.

An errant mouse click will do it ;-).

You run a scan on C:\TMP.
You get a listing with 1,001 results.
You say to yourself, oh, I don't need to see the results from C:\TMP\AllDup\AllDup_5.1.4\heh\, so as you go to remove that particular directory tree, you mistakenly click on the 'C:\TMP\' instead of "...", & whoops, there she goes.

XP SP3
AllDup 4.0.3

Maybe that (default) base directory shown should be the Path of the currently highlighted file (assuming there is one), in which case it might make more sense for the removal action to occur, but even with that, a prompt would still be nice.

So if cursor highlight is on \heh\, opening the dialog defaults to showing C:\TMP\AllDup\AllDup_5.1.4\heh\ & clicking that - or the "...", results in the tree picker opening, with focus on the \heh\ tree. (Wonder about very large trees?) The picker itself has a confirmation as part of its dialog. That way an errant click doesn't wipe out all your results.
therube

Re: Unexpected Behavior: Remove - Remove all files inside...

Post by therube »

Actually, just the way that 'Select all files within the folder structure of this file' works is what I would expect.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected Behavior: Remove - Remove all files inside...

Post by Administrator »

Remove all files inside the follow folder structure
Maybe this command will be more clear for you if you use multiple source folders and you want to remove all duplicates from one source folder...