Feature Request: Show Size With & Without Hardlinks

English support for the software GetFoldersize
viking

Feature Request: Show Size With & Without Hardlinks

Post by viking »

I scanned a large directory and used the option to create a report with hardlinks count. Because this option was selected it took a very long time to scan the directory (more than 1 hr).
When scan was completed, I wanted to compare the directory size when hardlinks were only counted once. I selected this option and had to wait for another other for a new scan to get the new size. Why not show both sizes after one scan?

For example, I suggest that that when hardlinks are counted in a report, and/or only counted once, there should be an option to show the directory size(s) both ways - normal and if counting hardlinks only once.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Show Size With & Without Hardlinks

Post by Administrator »

Do you mean something like an additional column of the size without the hardlinks?
viking

Re: Feature Request: Show Size With & Without Hardlinks

Post by viking »

Administrator wrote:Do you mean something like an additional column of the size without the hardlinks?
Yes, one column shows the size when counting all hard links (i.e. the way that Windows Explorer would show it) and the other when hard links are only counted once.
The second column would, of course, only show a size when hard links were counted one way or the other