Ignore MP3 APE tags too please !

English support for the software AllDup
Mike Parfitt

Ignore MP3 APE tags too please !

Post by Mike Parfitt »

Please consider enhancing the Search Criteria / File Content / Ignore ID3 Tags of MP3 files option, so that it also ignores APE tags. I have created 8 small MP3s which should all have identical (musical) content. They should only differ in their tags, but the 4 with APE tags are considered to be different to the 4 without APE tags - see image attached. I can send you a zip file with the MP3s (768Kb) if you wish.
Attachments
SearchResults.PNG
SearchResults.PNG (9.65 KiB) Viewed 6700 times
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Ignore MP3 APE tags too please !

Post by Administrator »

Please send me 2 mp3 files. one with the ape tag and the other without the tag.
Mike Parfitt

Post by Mike Parfitt »

The forum won't allow me to upload MP3s and it resets the connection when I try to upload a zip. Can I email the zip to you ? If so, what email address should I use ? I used Audacity to create the original MP3 with a 2-second extract, then used TagScanner to add the ID3V1 and ID3V2.3 tags with identical name/value pairs as shown in the attachment, but no APE tag. The APE tag with the name/value pairs highlighted in blue are added when MP3Gain analyses a track, the pair highlighted in yellow is then added if you modify the gain of the track. The attachment is a partial screenshot produced by MP3Diags.
Attachments
APE_Tag_Added.PNG
APE_Tag_Added.PNG (7.71 KiB) Viewed 6695 times
Mike Parfitt

Post by Mike Parfitt »

I have emailed two example MP3s to support@mtsd.de let me know if you need anything else