allsync license problem

English support for the software AllSync
bkandor

allsync license problem

Post by bkandor »

Hi,

I have 1 pro liscense of allsync. I have it installed on my home computer and on my work computer. I switched computers at work because some maintainance was being done on my normal machine, so I synced a single folder across the network for a project I was working on. Now, on my work machine, allsynce says "You have exceeded liscense ..... etc." and fails to run. This is not right, I'm now shut out of my purchased software. Please explain how to fix this...
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: allsync license problem

Post by Administrator »

With one license you can transfer data between two computers in a network. The number of licenses has to be accordingly increased for each additional computer in the network with which data transfer takes place. Please send me your used profiles (*.pas) , if you really know that you only transfer data between 2 computers.
bkandor

Post by bkandor »

Hi,

My situation is 1 computer is at work (on a LAN) and my other computer is at home (on a LAN). Since some folder/files that I want synced are stored on servers in both locations I don't think I should need more licenses for that, do I?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

bkandor wrote:Since some folder/files that I want synced are stored on servers in both locations
Server or Servers? Did you really read the License Model of AllSync? http://www.allsync.biz/help/a_lizenzmodell.htm
bkandor

Post by bkandor »

Yes, I really read it - no need to be rude. Also, it is confusing you do realize that? I fall under example E:

Environment: 2 installations, 1 user, 2 computers

AllSync is installed by the user on two computers but only used on one computer at a time.

Number of licenses required: 1

However, these 2 computers rely on some files that are not on local hard drives. This doesn't change the fact that I am only transferring between 2 computers.
bkandor

Post by bkandor »

Also, I do really enjoy this program - that's why I'm here.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

bkandor wrote:However, these 2 computers rely on some files that are not on local hard drives. This doesn't change the fact that I am only transferring between 2 computers.
Which scenario concerns you?

1. Filetransfer between PC1 and PC2 = 1 License
2. Filetransfer between (PC1 and PC2), (PC1 and PC3) = 2 Licenses
3. Filetransfer between (PC1 and PC2), (PC2 and PC3) = 2 Licenses