New user questions

English support for the software AllDup
kitsterct

New user questions

Post by kitsterct »

Hi. Casual PC user new to Alldup. 3 questions:

1. Why does a "windows installers" window open and ask for my XP CD when I open Alldup? (clicking cancel many times makes it go away and Alldup finally opens) How can I stop this?

2. Think I successfully ran Alldup yesterday using help and saved the results. But, now there's a large "ADtemp" folder in Local Settings\Temp. Read temp files would delete at Alldup close. Is it b/c I saved the file or can I delete teh temp file and still get the results of the scan?

3. Very old post asks for an English user manual. Ever develop one?

Hope someone sees this. Thanks.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: New user questions

Post by Administrator »

1. Sorry, i dont know. Try http://www.google.com/search?q=Windows+ ... pplication

2. AllDup needs the temp folder for scanning archive files. The content of this temp folder will be deleted automatically after closing AllDup. You can delete this folder if you want.

3. You never open the english manual of AllDup by clicking the help button?
kitsterct

More questions

Post by kitsterct »

Hi,
I used the Help for each screen, didn't know if there was separate documentation.
Now, when I tried to open the saved file it would not open, even with the program open and the program associated with the file. Help?
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: More questions

Post by Administrator »

Open AllDup and click on "Search Results" at the main toolbar. Here you can open your stored search results.