What is SmartUI2.ocx?

English support for the software AllSync
Drdul

What is SmartUI2.ocx?

Post by Drdul »

One of my anti-spyware apps (CounterSpy) identified SmartUI2.ocx (located in C:\Windows\System32) as a "severe" threat and quarantined it. The next time I booted my computer, AllSync Scheduler failed to load, and I received an error message. I un-quarantined SmartUI2.ocx and things are now working fine.

But I'm curious — what is SmartUI2.ocx, and why would it be indentified as spyware? A search on Google didn't turn up much — all I can tell is that it appears to have something to do with ActiveX. Is SmartUI2.ocx installed by AllSync or does it come with WinXP?

Thanks!
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: What is SmartUI2.ocx?

Post by Administrator »

SmartUI2.ocx is a ActiveX Component installed and used by AllSync and definitively no spyware. Please ask the manufacturer of the spyware-tool why they think this is spyware...
Drdul

Post by Drdul »

I submitted a report to tech support at CounterSpy, which they acknowledged, and hopefully they will change their database. In the meantime I have identified SmartUI2.ocx as an exception so there's no chance it will get quarantined again. I guess that's the risk in using ActiveX. :?
Richard Drdul
Vancouver, BC