problem viewing log file on AllDup 3.2.22

English support for the software AllDup
FrizzleFry

problem viewing log file on AllDup 3.2.22

Post by FrizzleFry »

In AllDup 3.2 (portable) when I click on the Log buttons in the main window or the search results window the program opened AllDup.log in my default editor but in 3.2.22 the program attempts to open a file ALS*.tmp. Since the .tmp extension is not usually associated with any program I get the popup asking what program to load the file with. This is easily fixed by creating an association for .tmp files but it seems a bit awkward. Maybe the extension for the log file should be .log as before or .txt so that it is associated with the default Text Document program.

I also notice that the ALS*.tmp file gets appended to AllDup.log when you exit AllDup but there seems to be no way to view AllDup.log from within AllDup.

This affects both the installed and portable versions.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: problem viewing log file on AllDup 3.2.22

Post by Administrator »

This problem is fixed with the next update. Version 3.3 will be released in the next few days.
FrizzleFry

Post by FrizzleFry »

I would suggest that the log button on the main window should display the full log (AllDup.log) and the log button on the search results could show the tmp log file which only contains the previous search result info. If you decide to go this way, you should probably append the temp file to AllDup.log when you exit the search results window rather than wait until you exit AllDup.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

That's the way it will be with the next update.