Sync with Date Time Conflict

English support for the software AllSync
acacia365

Sync with Date Time Conflict

Post by acacia365 »

I am trying to synchronize data between a remote laptop and an office server. I know I can set the settings for a date & time conflict during synchronization so if the file was modified in both locations (since last sync) it will ask me which one I want to use. However, this poses a problem because I want to run the sync at night and don't want this to stop the operation. As far as I can tell the way this works is when a conflict is found it stops all operations and asks which file to use or overwrite. Can this be made more automatic or skip these files until the end? Then if there is conflicts it will ask me in the morning for all of the files.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Sync with Date Time Conflict

Post by Administrator »

Please activate the option "Don't ask which file is to be copied when a File Date/Time Conflict occur" at the task properties if you start the profile via the AllSync scheduler.
acacia365

Post by acacia365 »

What will the program do if it is not asking which file to copy? Will it simply skip the file? If it skips the file will it tell me the files it skips in a report at the end?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

acacia365 wrote:What will the program do if it is not asking which file to copy? Will it simply skip the file?
Yes.
If it skips the file will it tell me the files it skips in a report at the end?
Please activate the log option "Log the following actions during a copy operation/File date conflicts " at the profile property. This option will log all conflicts at the profile log.