Allsync syncronisation fails

English support for the software AllSync
ConsultaNet

Allsync syncronisation fails

Post by ConsultaNet »

I am syncing two servers accross a VPN. The job was setup using your wizard. It is a sync job (all conflicts) the job runs over night.

The client wanted some software that would update the two servers so any changes made to documentation would be reflected on the other server.

The software runs but seems to delete random files on one server but not (thank god) on the other server. It is also set to put all deleted files into a folder called sync deletions. Last nights run didn't put any files in the folder even though there are files that have been deleted.

This makes it very dificult to trace what files have been deleted. I must mention the software is syncing 2.5 Gig of data (although not a lot changes). The files (and folders) it deletes are not even recently created.

For an example it synced folder "A" on both servers it correctly checked the folders within folder "A" then deleted all the files in folder "A" but only on one of the servers (the source).

I am confused

Mick Maidens
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Allsync syncronisation fails

Post by Administrator »

It sounds like your vpn connection have dropouts while AllSync checking the content of the source and destination folders. Please activate the folder option "Check the current source and destination folder for availability during an operation" to avoid this problem.
ConsultaNet

Allsync dropouts?

Post by ConsultaNet »

Thanks I will try this. I am not sure it will make a difference as the source folder is local and the destination is a mapped drive. (not UNC path) to avoid such problems. The VPN is a permenant hardware connection via two routers. The thing I found really strange is there were no entries in the log and it didn't "delete" the files to the local folder as it should. It deleted the files from the local machine and didn't move them to the local "sync deleted" folder. I have since checked and the setting is definitely set. I think I may split the job into several smaller profiles so it is easier to monitor what they are doing. Is there any setting that will make the software log what it is doing for fault finding?

Regards

Mick
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Allsync dropouts?

Post by Administrator »

Please send me all files of your used profile via email and i take a look at your settings. Please zip all files called "C:\AllSync\profile\<your profile name>.*" for example.