Update profile copies all files, not just newer files

English support for the software AllSync
cryan

Update profile copies all files, not just newer files

Post by cryan »

I'm creating an 'Update' profile in Allsync to copy new or changed files from a staging network drive to a pair of production web servers.

The profile is set to the 'Update', with settings to reflect the two-hour time-zone difference between the staging and production servers, as well as to treat files with 60 seconds difference in timestamps as identical.

However, when I run the copy preview, it shows all files (except for ones I've set to be filtered) as scheduled for copying. The timestamps listed for the files in the source window of the copy preview results screen are identical to the timestamps in the destination window.

This is exactly the same result as a similar profile I set up for a 1:1 copy of all files.

Why would an AllSync 'Update' profile insist on copying files with identical timestamps? This seems to defeat the purpose of an 'Update' profile.

Thanks.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Update profile copies all files, not just newer files

Post by Administrator »

Please turn off the option for time-zone difference and check the copy preview again. I think you dont need this option. Does this help?