Schedule from within the profile.

English support for the software AllSync
OlegV

Schedule from within the profile.

Post by OlegV »

In the older version of application it was possible to setup a profile in the sceduler directly during the profile setup.

Now, in version 2.7.2 it seems that even in the expert mode, although I do see the the AllSync sceduler under options, but I can not do ANYTHING there. Is it a bug? Are you planning to allow schedule setup from within the profile setup (properties)?
Oleg Vishnevetski
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Schedule from within the profile.

Post by Administrator »

Is not a bug, the feature was removed by design, because the new scheduler works now with tasks and every task can include multiple profiles.
OlegV

Post by OlegV »

So if I create multiple profiles, I can include them ALL into one schedule task, as I understand?

In which order will they run?

What is the diference between including the profiles into the single schedule task AND chaining these profiles? What are the advantages and minuses of both of these methods?
Oleg Vishnevetski
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

OlegV wrote:So if I create multiple profiles, I can include them ALL into one schedule task, as I understand?
Yes.
In which order will they run?
No explicit order.
What is the diference between including the profiles into the single schedule task AND chaining these profiles?
With "profile chaining" you can define the running order.
What are the advantages and minuses of both of these methods?
at the task options you cannot define the running order of the profiles but its easier and faster to config and change the profiles you want to start scheduled.
OlegV

Post by OlegV »

Is it your intention (or may it become one) to make it possible in the future version to actually specify the order in which profiles are run directly in the scheduler? This way they can run in the order they APPEAR in the scheduler.. Also you can create a simple GUI to move these profiles up and down in the list, changing this order...
Oleg Vishnevetski
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

i can note your suggestion on the ToDo-List. Why is it important that they run as they appear in the treeview?
OlegV

Post by OlegV »

It wouls eliminate a need for chaining profiles.
Oleg Vishnevetski