AllDup not comparing diffrent file types

English support for the software AllDup
phalanx380

AllDup not comparing diffrent file types

Post by phalanx380 »

i am trying to get rid of dup photos i know there are some there but some are PNG and some are JPG it use to compare PNG's against JPG now its not it only does PNG vs PNG .ect how can i get it to compare different file types again and yes the compare only pitchers with the same properties / file extension and other options in that section are unchecked.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: AllDup not comparing diffrent file types

Post by Administrator »

Just use the search method "Find similar pictures" and deactivate the option "File Extension" at the section "Compare only pictures with the same properties"
EdgardoRohrbaugh

Post by EdgardoRohrbaugh »

If you want to compare different file types in AllDup, you need to enable the "Compare file contents" option in the duplicate search settings. To do this, do the following:
Start AllDup and select the folder you want to check for duplicates.
Click the "Search Settings" button at the top of the window.
Click the "Compare" tab and select the "Compare file contents" option.
Click "OK" to save your changes and start searching for duplicates.
Note that comparing file contents may take longer, especially if you have many large files. Also note that comparing files of different formats can lead to inaccurate results, as the contents of the files may differ even if the images are the same in different formats.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

"Compare file contents" does not work because he wants to compare PNG's against JPG...