Transfer search results from older alldup versions to the newer ones

English support for the software AllDup
mczerski

Transfer search results from older alldup versions to the newer ones

Post by mczerski »

I have a larg collection of search results produced by AllDup 3.4.24. Now I want to work in a newer version: AllDup 4 4 10, but the newer portable version does not see search results in the asr2 format. Is it possible to convert/adjust etc. older search results so that they are seen and operable in the newer version of AllDup.
Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Marek
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Transfer search results from older alldup versions to the newer ones

Post by Administrator »

Sorry, the old search results cannot be imported or converted. They are not compatible with the latest version of AllDup.
mczerski

Post by mczerski »

What? What a pity! Such an excellent sofware line and... And it seems that the backward compatibility principle will be disregarded. The user like myself will have a choice to abandon the results of his/her work of several dozen hours with 3.4 version and start to use a new version "from scratch" or to adhere to the version so far used. Several collegues of mine and myself as a freelance author have archives of several terabytes to handle...

Thanks for your reply, anyway :)
Marek
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

You still can work with both versions (3&4) if you want to use the stored search results from the older version.
Just use the new version for new search projects.