RAW image duplicates

English support for the software AllDup
giovariot

RAW image duplicates

Post by giovariot »

I know that AllDup uses the FreeImage library to support file formats other than the GDI supported ones, and I know for sure that the FreeImage library leverage libraw thus supporting most (if not any) RAW photo file format.

I'm now comparing a huge file system recovery from a few years ago, I still had original RAW files from my camera. A few years ago, after the disk I took that data out broke, I converted them all into DNG file format, so now I have the recovered CR2s and NEFs on one side and on another the DNG converted images. I'd like to find duplicate images even if they are using 2 different RAW file formats so that I can remove the duplicate files leaving only the images I didn't manage to recover when that hard disk broke years ago. Would that be possible?

BTW: tried a few times with AllDup 4.4.40 but it only finds duplicate/similar JPG files, although it seems to be also considering RAW files as images
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: RAW image duplicates

Post by Administrator »

The search method "Find Similar Pictures" supports only the image file formats BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG and TIF.
giovariot

Post by giovariot »

As far as anyone knows is there any plan about adding support to raw picture formats?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

I will add your suggestion to our ToDo-List.