Securely delete files from a source folder using the tool SDeleteThe following instructions explain which settings are needed in the Profile Properties to securely delete files from a source folder which have not been modified in the last 30 days.
1. SDeleteDownload the freeware SDelete from Microsoft and extract the content of the zip file into the folder "C:\Tools".
2. Profile PropertiesCreate a new profile. If the Profile Assistant opens, exit it by clicking on
Activate the Expert View below the menu.
3. Copy modeSelect User-defined copy mode.
4. File optionsIn the left menu below Copy Options click on Copy Method. Select the
Copy Method D and enter the following command into the text box: "C:\Tools\sdelete.exe" -p "%1"
5. Source and destination foldersIn the left menu select Folders.
- In the source folder list enter the folder containing the files to be deleted.
- In the destination folder list add an empty folder.
6. FilterIn the left menu click on Filters. Add a new filter with the following properties:
- Filter Action: Exclude
- Filter Type: Age (newer than)
- Use with: Source
- Compare with: File Modified Date
- Age Filter: 30 days
7. Data ProtectionIn the left menu below Options click on Data Protection. Select the option
Don't back up any files and folders.
8. Saving your settingsYou have now completed all the requisite settings. Conclude by clicking on
9. Test your settingsNow you can create a copy preview of the profile and examine the results of the settings you have made. All source files with the action
Copy file to the right shown at the copy preview will be deleted when you run a copy operation.