Questions from a new user

English support for the software AllDup
PaulWalker

Questions from a new user

Post by PaulWalker »

Sir, an explanation before the questions: we are comparing 2 types of files: *.pdf and *.tiff. Where the filenames are duplicated (& both types of files are present), we want each to be removed. I use we/us to refer to both me & my supervisor.
1. How do we get the program to reset EVERYTHING to default values? (I had initial trouble with selection of the folders. We want very limited folders to be covered. 2.is there anything to be set regarding the file types? 3. Obviously, are there any thing you can help with the folder selection on input and output? We prefer the same folder for both. 4. There were some *.tiff & *.pdf files in there with the duplicate file name which surprised us very much! This is the most important question, because it will take us an inordinate amount of time to fix by hand for several thousand files! :cry:
Retired volunteer at a Christian missionary charitable organization -
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Questions from a new user

Post by Administrator »

1. How do we get the program to reset EVERYTHING to default values?
The file "config.ini" contains all settings. Just delete or rename this file.
The file should be stay at this folder: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\AllDup
2.is there anything to be set regarding the file types?
If you only want to compare pdf and tiff files you have to set up two exclusive file filters with "*.pdf" and "*.tiff"
3. Obviously, are there any thing you can help with the folder selection on input and output?
I don't understand your question exactly, so can you please be more specific about it?
4. There were some *.tiff & *.pdf files in there with the duplicate file name which surprised us very much! This is the most important question, because it will take us an inordinate amount of time to fix by hand for several thousand files!
Where is the most important question?