4.40 File Manager Minimizes Results Window

English support for the software AllDup
therube

4.40 File Manager Minimizes Results Window

Post by therube »

AllDup 4.40
XP
Win10x64 1809

Often, most times (at least on my end), when you open File Manager (to delete...) it "Minimizes" the Results Window, so some "other" window ends up being its' "background" rather then the AllDup Results Window.

After finishing with the File Manager dialog, the AllDup Results window then pops back up.

Behavior is different (& wrong, IMO) from 4.31.

(You don't even actually need to delete anything. Just open File Manager & you should see the behavior. Then you can simply hit 'Cancel' & see the Results window pop back up.)

AllDup 440 File Manager minimizes Results list.png
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: 4.40 File Manager Minimizes Results Window

Post by Administrator »

Yes, the behavior of the file manager window is different since 4.4 but why is it wrong?
therube

Post by therube »

Because. Because it is wrong ;-).

Because relationship from the operation at hand is diverted.
As it is, when File Manager is opened, something else becomes background to that window.

In my screenshot, that something happened to be the post I was writing.
But it could have been anything at all, arbitrarily, & I don't really want my thoughts diverted from the task at hand - in particular at a time when I'm going to be deleting files. I want to realize what I'm about to do is correct. Having the Results List as background gives me at least some context.

If a picture of my girlfriend that I happened to have had opened was suddenly in the background, well that's certainly going to divert my attention.
mz1888

Post by mz1888 »

After opening the delete menu, the App will hide the result window and there's no way to show it again...the only way is to close delete menu. But if you close it, the delete menu won't remember your planned action(s) and you'd second guess your actions by staring at the monitor.

Either make delete menu to remember the checkboxes without having to delete anything, or just allow the result menu to show would instill some confidence when performing the deletion.