AllSync Service Tool
|AllSync Service Tool enables you to install AllSync Scheduler as a Windows service. The advantage of this is tasks can be run according to schedule when no user is logged in to the system.|
Important Information and Tips:
- AllSync Service Tool and AllSync Scheduler needn't be started in order for the service to run the specified tasks.
- The service can't be started as long as AllSync Scheduler is activated.
- If you get error 1069 when starting the service, refer to here (Microsoft website).
- The service can't access drive letters with linked network shares unless the user of the user account used to install the AllSync Scheduler service via AllSync Service Tool is logged in to the system. Otherwise use the direct UNC path to the network shares.
- Changes to the task list or AllSync Scheduler options are automatically taken over from the service every 5 seconds.
- The user account must enable access to the specified storage location of the AllSync application data.
- When uninstalling the service it may be internally flagged by Windows as "uninstalled", meaning it can't be directly uninstalled by the system. In this case, simply reboot your computer so that the service is completely uninstalled.
SetupYou have the option of registering the AllSync Scheduler service under the local Windows system account or using a user account.
Local system accountThe local Windows system account has no access to network resources and can consequently only be used for local copy tasks.
User accountThe service has to be installed using the user account enabling access to the network shares used in the profiles. The following entries have to be made: name of the user account and the password. In a domain the name of the domain has to be additionally entered before the user account. Example: "Test domain\user account"
Make sure that the user account indicated by you is assigned the Log on as a service right so that the service can be started. This right is normally automatically assigned when installing the service and can also be assigned manually as needed.
- Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment
- Automatic — The service is automatically started when booting the computer.
- Manual — The service has to be started manually by the user.
- Deactivated — The service is deactivated.
LicenseThis enables you to specify which AllSync license is to be used for the service. This setting may be needed on a multi-user system featuring several installed AllSync licenses.
StatusThis tab shows you whether the service is installed and which task is currently being run by the service. The log pane below the buttons shows current information pertaining to processing by the service.
- Start Service — Click on this button to start the service.
- Stop Service — Click on this button to stop the service.
- Stop Task — This button enables a running task to be aborted.