- Copy Modes
- Synching Folders
- Time- and Event-Driven Copy Operations
- Copy Preview
- Copy Options
- ZIP Data Compression
- Data Protection
- Filter Functions
- Copying Files and Folders
- Command Line
- All the settings required for a copy operation between two or more folders are stored by AllSync in a profile.
- You can create as many profiles as you like and administer them in the profile list.
- The Profile Wizard assists you in creating new profiles.
- Use profile chaining if you want to have several profiles automatically run in sequence.
- AllSync's Shortcut Manager enables you to conveniently create shortcuts of your profiles on your desktop or in other folders so you can initiate copy operations with mouse-click ease.
- Various preconfigured copy modes are available for your copy tasks.
- A wide variety of copy options enable you to adapt the various copy modes to your individual requirements.
- AllSync recognizes when the same file on either side has been modified since the last sync operation.
- AllSync recognizes when a file has been replaced with an older version since the last sync operation.
- AllSync recognizes when a file of the same name but with a different last modified date has been added on both sides since the last sync operation.
- AllSync recognizes when files and folders have been deleted, renamed or moved on one side since the last sync operation.
Time- and Event-Driven Copy Operations
- AllSync Scheduler enables you to automatically run profiles (time- and event-driven copy operations).
- AllSync Scheduler can also be installed as a Windows service, thus enabling copy operations to be automatically run when no user is logged in to the system.
- You can have the logs emailed to you so that you are informed about the automatic copy operations performed by AllSync Scheduler.
- AllSync offers you the option of creating easy-to-interpret copy previews of your profiles so that you get an optimal picture of the actions to be performed.
- The actions shown in the copy preview can be edited by you so that the copy operation goes as you intended.
- You can have external programs started upon initiating and completing a profile.
- You can run Visual Basic scripts upon initiating and completing a profile.
- When initiating a profile, you can connect a local directory or an enabled network folder using a drive letter during a copy operation and remove it afterwards.
- When initiating a profile, you can establish a remote link and have it disconnected when finished.
- You can pause, terminate and start various Windows services upon initiating and completing a profile.
ZIP Data Compression
- AllSync supports ZIP compression format, thus enabling space-saving backup of your data.
- Additional protection can be provided for ZIP files by employing AES (256-bit) encryption.
- AllSync supports various compression methods: Deflate, Deflate64 and BWT.
- ZIP files can also be split into several archives as needed.
- In the interest of data protection you can have all files which are deleted, moved or overwritten by a copy operation moved to a separate backup folder.
- Generations of backups: specify the maximum number of backup folders.
- Data compression: compress all the data of the backup folder into a single ZIP file.
- You also have the option of backing up data to the Windows Recycle Bin.
- Entire folders or individual files can be excluded from a copy operation on the basis of their path.
- Various wildcards like * or ? can be used.
- Folders and files can be additionally filtered according to their properties, e.g. age, size or attributes.
Copying Files and Folders
- AllSync can process files and folders with a path length of up to 32,000 characters.
- AllSync is able to copy open files. See Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) .
- AllSync supports the copying of files and folders with Unicode characters in their name.
- AllSync can copy the access permissions of files and folders.
- The attributes of source and destination files can be modified after a file has been copied.
- The contents of files can be checked employing various comparison methods, e.g. byte by byte, CRC32, MD5 or SHA, to determine whether they have been correctly copied.
- AllSync offers you various internal and external copy methods for files.
- AllSync offers you a variety of different log files so that you are always informed about all operations and actions performed.
- A separate log file is created for each profile.
- AllSync can be invoked via the command line and controlled by way of various command-line parameters.
- The wide variety of options offered by AllSync enables it to be precision-customized to your requirements.
- AllSync supports the use of Windows environment variables.
- AllSync offers you an informative progress indicator during a copy operation.
- With AllSync's Internet Update you can be sure you are always running the latest version of AllSync.
- AllSync's application data can be exported and re-imported as needed.
- AllSync's dialog language and help are available in English and German.
- AllSync features a convenient Manual in CHM format that can be printed out.